Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Istanbul, Ferdinand dah sampai

So I've had a full day here now in Istanbul and as Capt. Obvious would put it, it sure as hell is different but allow me to backtrack just a little to the day before.

The pride of Malaysia skies, MAS had a 1 hour delay for my flight and me being a genius, I thought I'd read somewhere that we have a 2 hour difference with Istanbul, hence the flight would take about 6-8 hours. Not bad aye?! Wrong. Istanbul is GMT +2, KL is +8, which effectively meant it was a 12hr flight. Ai caramba!! it wasn't too fun for me, there's only so much reading, walking, movies one can watch.

The airport, immigration were seamless albeit a bit dour. But it was sunrise and the city looked beautiful. Time to rock and roll. Got a little lost looking for the hotel but manage to find it we did.

Checked in, kicked back and enjoyed the:

a. Farmers Market
b. Blue Mosque
c. Exterior of the Hagia Sophia
d. Fisherman's Wharf (my creation)
e. Galata Bridge
f. Spice Bazaar
g. Food!!!
h. Alley & streets with no name to me.

Istanbul is an old modern city, quaint, charming, non-judgemental. I'm somewhat taken by it.

The rest I will allow you to enjoy in pictures.

PS: It's 0913 now in Istanbul, the room sprung a leak at approx 0515 earlier but no unfortunately it didn't rain women.

No comments:

Post a Comment